Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lesson #36: A sick spouse is a needy spouse

I have no idea what attacked me this weekend, but it was wicked.  On Friday night, I had a fever of 100.6, had the chills, and my entire body was screaming because I was so achy.  On top of all of that, I couldn't stop crying.  This had never happened to me before, and I was incredibly out of it.


Lyndon had no idea as to what to do.


Luckily, he has a Mom and a sister in the medical field, so he gave both of them a call.
frtntfi5rbhtrynu
yhrbhyjnrti
njhnu mu mh,t'
n hdtm k
That is from Lyndon.  He won't stop bugging me.fy7rtgu
After getting some advice, he got some medicine and started taking care of me.  This involved him not leaving my side unless he had to.  All I wanted was for him to not leave me alone, and that's exactly what he did.  Always there with a thermometer, a cold towel for my forehead, and simply laying in bed with me, he stuck with me.


Saturday brought with it some vomitacious action.  Eight times in three hours.  I barely had time to recover from my last trip to the toilet before my stomach started up again.  He was there every single time, rubbing my back while I sat there, ejecting whatever was in my stomach.  As he puts it, "Yeah.  I gave my morning off up to aide my sick wife.  And my night off before that!"


Things are much better today.  No fever, no sickness, just a really sore throat.  I don't think that would be the case without him.  He was there whenever I called out for him, and I don't know what state I would be in without him.  This weekend, he truly showed the sacrifice a person will make for someone they love, the sacrifice a husband will make for his wife.


My feel better flowers.  He always gets me flowers when I'm sick.  This time he wanted some that would stay alive.   He's the best.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. So glad Lyndon was there to help you. Go Lyndon!

    ReplyDelete