Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Lesson #34: Marriage is a team effort

As per my usual habits, I'm blogging consistently for a few days.  Don't worry, this phase shall soon pass.


Lyndon and I have both started working full time.  Mine is for the summer while his is hopefully a permanent happening.  He loves his job, and I usually love mine.  I come home from taking care of babies, who are always hungry, to my dear Lyndon, who is usually hungry.


I couldn't keep up with that for two weeks.  So much exhaustion, so little time, yet so much to do.  I think Lyndon quickly realized how much I couldn't do this (moms are incredible and shall always be admired by me), and decided to do something about it.


He's helped me cook and bake for a couple of evenings, but tonight has just been the tops.  Lyndon let me take a nap and then woke me up to tell me that he had an idea for dinner.  My dinner job is done, hence the blogging, and he's over in the kitchen Emeril-ing it up.  He saves me, daily.  Could he be any more wonderful?


Side note: I return the favor by being okay with him playing video games and not stopping just because I feel I deserve all of his attention always.  I wanted to clarify, making sure you know I'm doing something, too.


He has helped me these past few days in ways most people don't think a husband needs to.  Cooking is the wife's job, blah blah blah, cooking isn't part of a husband's job, blah blah blah.  Listen here, there are wife responsibilities and there are husband responsibilities.  This much is true, but that shouldn't be the end of it.  Help each other out.  You can't succeed at a marriage alone.


Update:
The meal: moose (weird but good) with apples, onions, and red potatoes with rice and green beans
Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment