Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lesson #35: Simple dates are the best

Every single month, Lyndon and I put aside money for a date.  The amount changes every month depending on how much we have to work with, but a month never goes by without a date.  I've always been very grateful for our dates, especially when Lyndon will make sacrifices elsewhere in the budget to make sure we have our date.


Our dates are never extravagant.  This is mostly because Lyndon and I usually act like a couple who's been married for years.  More often than not, our date is dinner and a movie.  Even more often than not, our dinner is at Applebee's.  I don't really know why that's the case.  Apparently something about that place entrances us.  Who knew?


This month it was Applebee's and X-Men: First Class.
Side note: I was totally the one who picked the movie.  I am such a cool girl.
Both of our choices were excellent.  Dinner was delicious, and the movie was great.  Never have I ever been disappointed by the usual date routine.  Last night I realized why this was the case, in no particular order:
1. I love food.
2. I love movies.
3. I love my husband.
A combination of three things I love?  You cannot beat that.  We found something that really works for us, something we always love to do together.  No hot air balloons, no serenades on a gondola, but wonderful regardless.


If you have any restaurant suggestions for our date next month, let me know!  We probably should expand our meal options.


This has nothing to do with the "simple dates" post, but I couldn't not share this.  After Lyndon jokingly snapped quite the retort back at me (I don't remember what we were talking about), our conversation ended as such:
Me: "When you woke up this morning, did you put on your shorts or your sassypants?"
Lyndon: "I always put on my sassypants.  Dumb question."
My husband is hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment