Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lesson #16: When blame goes flying

Toddlers are temperamental creatures.  They're usually happy, but things can take a wrong turn in a flash.  Just when you think they're having a swell time, something happens out of nowhere that causes the same effect that 12 nuclear bombs would.  Unfortunately for the new Griner family, we liken to toddlers when tired and grumpy.

Last week, we enjoyed a movie with our other married neighbors, Taylor and Bonnie.  After the movie, we walked the two feet back to our apartment, and I got ready for bed.  I thought Lyndon was doing the same thing until I realized he was moving things around in the spare room closet.
He had the sudden urge to find his sunglasses.
He had the sudden urge to find his Army issued, Oakley sunglasses.
He had the sudden urge to find his Army issued, Oakley sunglasses at 12:30 in the morning.
Good grief.

I did my best to ignore the situation because I was too tired and annoyed to deal with it.  Eventually I went and joined the search, mainly because I wanted to sleep.  Well, and because those sunglasses are $300.  If something is lost, it comes out of the soldier's paycheck.

I walked in on a husband who was getting more and more upset by the second.  No matter where we looked, we couldn't find them.  All of a sudden, he started talking about how the sunglasses could be missing because I was the one who moved stuff around.  He didn't come right out and say that it was my fault, but that was how I felt.  That set me off, and I started defending myself and attacking right back.  While it wasn't a full out bloodbath, we were definitely not on our best behaviors.  We both ran out of steam fast, probably because it was past our bedtime.

After a few minutes of silence, he gave in first and apologized.  I apologized once he did, and some incredibly tired newlyweds went to bed.

Oh...in case you were wondering...the sunglasses were in storage at the armory.  He moved them so they wouldn't get lost.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment