Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

It's a Bloggy World After All

In case you haven't heard, June 5th, 2010 is a day that will forever live in the hearts of all.
Why? Before I tell you, shame on you for not already knowing.

That happens to be the day that I finally got to marry Mr. Lyndon Griner.


The entire day was wonderful, we were surrounded by people we love, and I'll never be able to thank my parents enough.

After all of that, reality hit: I'm officially a Mrs.
Just so you know, it's super weird. I've already had to introduce myself as Natalie Griner. My brain has a major brain fart every time I have to sign my name. I have to cook and clean for myself and a husband now.

There's so much to do, so much to learn. Always. Always and forever, I'm pretty sure. I decided soon after we got married that I wanted to share what I was learning with others. Maybe I could give someone advice or help them in some way. Whatever. I really just wanted to be funny. They started out as Facebook statuses (stati?), and it wasn't until my Dad suggested something today that I thought about taking it any further.
Let me introduce you to Dad:


Classy.

Earlier today, he mentioned something to me. "You should start a blog, Natalie," he told me. "What on earth would I blog about?" was my question. He then talked about how I could blog about my married life lessons because I'm smart and funny (No joke. He really said that.). At first I thought he was giving me crap because that's the usual, but then I thought he might have a good idea...

...all of that has led me here, the unknown (to me) world of blogging. So here, you'll find recent lessons I've been learning about married life and my witty thoughts to go along with them. I'm up to lesson #14 already. I don't particularly feel like explaining 1-14. Maybe I'll get around to it some day. For now, here's the list:

  1. As much as you love your new spouse, you will miss your parents terribly.
  2. The first time you go grocery shopping, go together. You'll need the moral support.
  3. The first time he has to go to work, you'll be surprised as to how much you miss him while he's gone.
  4. When you need meat in order to make dinner, don't forget to take it out of the freezer in time.
  5. Figure out money things together, no matter what.
  6. If you complain about the garbage smelling enough times, your wonderful husband will take it out for you.
  7. Always check your husband's pockets before washing them. His passport just might be hiding in one of them.
  8. Own a Mix 'n Chop. It'll change your cooking life.
  9. When your husband is stressed out, doesn't want responsibility, and talks about how he wants to be a kid again, make him breakfast in the shape of a face. You'll at least get a smile.
  10. Almond bark can and will burn.
  11. Make sure you don't accidentally put all of the package of noodles in the pot when cooking for two. You might end up making enough noodles for 10+.
  12. Make sure you thank your husband when he's okay with you being a total weirdo and going to the midnight premiere of a movie.
  13. When your husband is walking around the apartment continuously talking about how hungry he is, he might be hinting that he wants you to make dinner.
  14. You'll love it every time your husband tells you he loves your cooking.

When I learn something new, I'll be sure to blog all about it.

There you have it. Time for more laundry.

6 comments:

  1. welcome to blogworld beautiful Mrs! :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I had loved your lessons...I'm excited for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. natalie, you are the best blogger. i love it. cant wait to read more! love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Can't wait to read more. I would say it reminds me of our earlier married days, but honestly, I think I still have to be reminded about a few of your first 14 lessons even now.

    ReplyDelete