Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lesson #15: dealing with the working Grumpy Gus

Lyndon works hard for the money he earns.  He always has, and I know he always will.  I'm incredibly grateful to have a husband who is willing to do so much to provide for us.

One thing I'm not incredibly grateful for is the Grumpy Gus version of my husband who comes home from work.  He always seems to be in a bad mood, even when he says work was good.  It's hard for me to understand because all I want to do is cuddle up next to him and make up for time we lost while he was gone.  He's never a fan of that idea.  I have to leave him alone and give him some space.  I think he would request a 10 foot restraining order if he could.

This is kind of making me sound like a creep.  I'm not always all over my husband.  I would get annoyed with myself.  What I ask for when he comes home is the same loving husband that I had before he left for work.  That's something he's usually not capable of.  Not yet, anyway.  I've come to understand that he needs some time to himself even though I want to spend time with him.  It's not that he doesn't want to be around me (who wouldn't want to be around me?).  He needs time to destress-ify and relax after working so hard.

As much as it pains me, I faithfully sit by and let him do whatever he needs to do.  When he's ready to be around me, he will be.  Honestly, that moment of joy and realization that I have my husband back makes it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment