Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lesson #33: Remember what your wife says

This is another advice lesson for any husband out there who wants to keep his wife happy.


My birthday is coming up on April 30th.  My address can be given for the multitude of presents I'm sure to get.  Lyndon doesn't think birthdays are a big deal.  I get more excited about his birthday than he does.  While I'm not announcing my birthday countdown to the world (people who do that exist), I do think it's something that deserves an acknowledgement at least.


Lyndon knew what he wanted to get me back when we did budgeting, so I was already a little curious.  When he named the amount he needed, I was even more curious.  I also felt a little guilty being totally and completely okay with the amount.  He has refused to give me any hints and even conspired with the wonderful ladies at the front desk of NCC to keep the present hidden from me.


I come home from class today, and this is sitting on our counter:


Good grief.
The Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer has always seemed kind of iconic to me.  It has always been one of those things that I've wanted in my kitchen.  I figured I was going to have to wait a long time for one, so I just admire when we walk by them in stores.  Okay, there might be some drooling involved.  I tell Lyndon how much I love it and how incredible it would be to own one.  This honestly happens every single time I even glance at one.


I never, ever thought it would be something I would get so soon in our marriage.  I love my present, but what I love even more is that my husband listened to what I was saying.  This was something personal that he purposely planned out.  Gents, you don't have to buy something incredibly expensive.  If you listen to your wife, she'll let you know what she wants.  Just listen.  You will definitely benefit from it.


He even got the red part right.


1 comment:

  1. Love that you guys are talking about the "B" word so early! It takes some couples a long time and a lot of bumps to really do that! Good job Griners! And woot woot! for the Mr!

    ReplyDelete