Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lesson #29: Couple-y Friend Things

My beautiful friend Bonnie and her beardo husband Taylor leave for Africa tomorrow.


Africa.  They're going to the Congo for Taylor's internship, and they'll be gone for nine weeks.

It's weird.  It's really weird.  Taylor and Bonnie were the ones who set Lyndon and I up.  Our "blind" date was with the two of them.  They've always been around for the two of us ever since the beginning of our relationship.  I got to watch them get married (Lyndon was busy doing Army things at Basic), they were both in our wedding, we live right next door to each other...it's just weird that they're going to be gone.

I haven't gotten to the sadness yet.  I'm too excited for them.  What an incredible opportunity to spread the Gospel, eh?  They've been such a blessing (pain) in our lives; it's time for them to go bless (bug) others.

But what are we supposed to do while they're gone?  I'm learning more and more how important they have been in our lives.  Marriages need that.  They need other marriages to relate to, to hang out with, to borrow milk and spices from, to vent to when necessary.

My dearest Bonnie,
I could be sappy, but that's lame.  You know I love you.  Come home in nine weeks, okay?  We'll make Indian food and watch Baby Mama to celebrate.  Goodnight, Gilbert!


Okay...so this wasn't really a lesson.  I'm over it.

1 comment: