Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Lesson #53: You Never Stop Buying Groceries

Days like today are when I wish I was super rich and could have my private, gourmet chef take care of anything.  Okay, most days are like that.  Today is particularly leaning towards that view, however.  I just got home from work and had to make a grocery list.  I then get to go buy groceries, come home, put them away, eat something, and go to rehearsal.

This is seriously the billionth time I've gone grocery shopping since getting married.  That might be a stretch, but I doubt it.  I either run out of money or I run out of ideas for meals.  And while I sit here listening to songs for rehearsal tonight, I'm drawing a blank.  I can't go out and buy ingredients and throw things together.  My brain doesn't work like that.  Never has, never will.  I have to have a solid list in which items are put under the meal they'll be used for.  My brain is a nightmare.

Since I seem to be more focused on listening to this music, my list has taken a turn for the worse:
alfredo
pasta
chicken
milk
string cheese
fruit
red pepper flakes
vanilla
Italian seasoning
tomato soup
Hamburger Helper
ground beef
cheddarwurst
shredded cheese
chips

What.on.earth.  Whatever.  I'm going grocery shopping.

Hello, end of the month.  You're a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment