Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lesson #21: The little things matter

I blame society for my sometimes misconstrued view of romance.  We're surrounded by music, movies, and books that twist the idea of romance into something much bigger than it normally is.  Sure, I would love to have songs written about me, be flown to Paris for a romantic getaway, receive flowers every day, the whole shebang.  All of that is a tad unrealistic.  Being married has helped me come to terms with that.

The first reason is that we don't have the money to go out and do romantic things  The second and main reason is because Lyndon just isn't that kind of romantic.  He's not the guy who sweeps you off your feet and showers you with diamonds.  His romance is in his words, not his actions.  Last night, however, was a wonderful surprise.

He made us dinner and then took me out for ice cream afterwards.  It was nothing wildly romantic to most people, but it was one of the most wonderful evenings I've had since we got married.  Well...until he started playing video games, but I can't hold that against him.

Sometimes it's the quiet and simple acts of love that matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment